We thank all the artists who send in an entry for the FSE Art Contest. We received a wide variety of artwork some with surprising quality that pleased us very much.
The overall winner of the contest is Olivier Gradot from France in the category Painting and Sketching for his “Exploration Diary”. His book of 17 pages is a story of caving friendship, compiling an extract of his memories of the explorations he made with his caving fellows. Olivier will receive the main prize, a Scurion head-lamp, kindly provided by the contest sponsor Scurion from Switzerland.
The next artists are the winners from the other 5 categories and will receive an amount of € 100,00 granted by the European Speleological Federation FSE.
- Ceramics and Sculpture: Petru Merinu from Romania for his work “Metamorphoses”
- Graphic Design, Mixing Techniques and Print: Maya. C (Da Fonséca Castejon) from France for her work “Animéral”
- Video and Photography: Melvin Lefèvre from France for his work “Subterranean chaos”
- Music: Tomaž Nedoh from Slovenia for his work “Proteus Csardas”
- Publication and Poetry: Silvia Goutier-Juffermans from The Netherlands for her work “Speleo-Haiku”
The winners and the next artists will receive a Certificate of Appreciation:
- Slavenka Baković, Croatia
- Lorenzo Bax Bassi, Italy
- Emily Davis, United States of America
- Patrycja Kopytko, Poland
- Andrea Lona, Italy
- Ludivine Martin, France
- Marco Meneghini, Italy
- Caio César Pires de Paula, Czech Republic
- Lisa Siebenhofer, Austria
- Chuck Sutherland, United States of America
The members of the Jury are from different European countries and fields of profession and we sincerely thank them for reviewing and judging 88 pieces of artwork!
All winners and artists will be contacted personally by the Head of the Organizing Team.
The results are not open to discussion.